MBA Prep GMAT Resources
GMAT Webinar Series
The purpose of these webinars is to give prospective fellows the opportunity to hear from a number of providers on their approach to tackle the GMAT. MLT does not endorse any one provider over another. However, each of these providers come highly recommended by our fellows and alumni.
- How to approach preparing for the GMAT
- Manhattan GMAT (Slides)
- The Princeton Review (Slides)
- Bell Curves
- Target Test Prep
- Veritas Prep
- For discounts, start an application today!
- What Can Basketball Teach Me about the GMAT?by Jay Rosner Review Foundation
- Take A Test First by Akil Bello of Bell Curves
- How to Review, Remember, and Relax by Akil Bello of Bell Curves
- How to use Flashcards to Study by Akil Bello of Bell Curves
- Technology, Question Types, & Time Management
- More GMAT Tips...
- GMATFocus- a GMAC adaptive diagnostic tool
- MathSmart- basic math review created by the Princeton Review
- BusinessWeek Business School Site (admissions tips, school profile, interviews with admissions directors, rankings, MBA stories, business school calendars)
GMAT Test Prep Services
- Bell Curves- Discounts available on GMAT classes and tutoring for all MBA Prep program applicants
- Princeton Review - Discounts available on GMAT classes and tutoring for all MBA Prep program applicants
- Veritas - Discounts available on GMAT classes and tutoring for all MBA Prep program applicants
- Charles Trent
- Manhattan GMAT
Self Assessment Resources
The following is a recommended reading list of books and articles that have found to be quite helpful in any stage of one's career.
- "What Makes a Leader," Daniel Goleman, Harvard Business Review (Reprint 98606).
- "Building Leaders - How Successful Companies Develop the Next Generation", Jay A. Conger, Beth Benjamin.
- "Emotional Intelligence Works" - Developing "People Smart" Strategies, S. Michael Kravitz, Ph.D., Susan D. Schubert, M.A.
- "The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan", George Bradt et al
- First Things First, Stephen Covey, A. Roger Merrill, Rebecca R. Merrill, Simon & Shuster, 1994.
- Time Tactics of Very Successful People, B. Eugene Griessman, McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1994.
- "How to Effectively Compete in a Tough Job Market - Getting in Gear for Career Success," Sonia Alleyne, Laura Egodigwe & Tamara Holmes, Black Enterprise Magazine, p. 73-85, February 2004
- The 8th Habit From Effectiveness to Greatness, Stephen R. Covey, Simon & Shuster, 2004.
- "Success That Lasts," Laura Nash and Howard Stevenson, Harvard Business Review (Reprint R0402H)
- "The Wisdom of Teams", Jon R. Katzenbach, Douglas K. Smith, Harper Business Book, 1994.
- "The Mind of a Strategist - the Art of Japanese Business". Kenichi Ohmae. McGraw-Hill, Inc.1982
- Why CEOs Fail - The 11 Behaviors That Can Derail Your Climb to the Top- and How to Manage Them, David L. Dotlich and Peter C. Cairo.
- "From Day One" author, William J. White
- "StrengthsFinder 2.0" author Tom Rath
- "The Power of Less" author Leo Babauta
- "The 80/20 Principle" author Richard Koch
- "How to Win Friends and Influence People" author Dale Carnegie
- "Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High" author Kerry Patterson et al
- "Made to Stick" authors Chip and Dan Heath
- "The Unwritten Laws of Business" author W.J. King
- "First, Break All The Rules" authors Marcus Buckingham & Curt Coffman
- "12: The Elements of Great Managing" authors Rodd Wagner & James Harter
- "Growing Great Employees" author Erika Andersen
- "The Essential Drucker" author Peter F. Drucker
- "When Genius Failed - The Rise and Fall of Long Term Capital Management" author Roger Lowenstein
- "Permission Marketings" author Seth Godin
- "Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind" authors Al Ries and
- "Citizen Marketers: When People are the Message" authors Ben McConnell & Jackie Huba
- "The Secrets of Economic Indicators: Hidden Clues to Future Economic Trends and Investment Opportunities" author Bernard Baumohl
- "Finance for Managers" Harvard Business School Press
- "Principles of Corporate Finance" authors Richard A Brealey et al
- "Fixed-Income Securities: Valuation, Risk Management and Portfolio Strategies" author Lionel Martinelli
- "Getting Started in Consulting" author Alan Weiss
- "Secrets of Consulting" author Gerald M. Weinberg
- "Art of Case Analysis: A Guide to the Diagnosis of Business Situations" author Robert Ronstadt