MBA Prep GMAT Resources
- What Can Basketball Teach Me about the GMAT?by Jay Rosner Review Foundation
- Take A Test First by Akil Bello of Bell Curves
- How to Review, Remember, and Relax by Akil Bello of Bell Curves
- How to use Flashcards to Study by Akil Bello of Bell Curves
- Technology, Question Types, & Time Management
- More GMAT Tips...
- GMATFocus- a GMAC adaptive diagnostic tool
- MathSmart- basic math review created by the Princeton Review
- BusinessWeek Business School Site (admissions tips, school profile, interviews with admissions directors, rankings, MBA stories, business school calendars)
GMAT Test Prep Services
- Bell Curves- Discounts available on GMAT classes and tutoring for all MBA Prep program applicants
- Princeton Review - Discounts available on GMAT classes and tutoring for all MBA Prep program applicants
- Veritas - Discounts available on GMAT classes and tutoring for all MBA Prep program applicants
- Charles Trent
- Manhattan GMAT
Self Assessment Resources
The following is a recommended reading list of books and articles that have found to be quite helpful in any stage of one's career.
- "What Makes a Leader," Daniel Goleman, Harvard Business Review (Reprint 98606).
- "Building Leaders - How Successful Companies Develop the Next Generation", Jay A. Conger, Beth Benjamin.
- "Emotional Intelligence Works" - Developing "People Smart" Strategies, S. Michael Kravitz, Ph.D., Susan D. Schubert, M.A.
- "The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan", George Bradt et al
- First Things First, Stephen Covey, A. Roger Merrill, Rebecca R. Merrill, Simon & Shuster, 1994.
- Time Tactics of Very Successful People, B. Eugene Griessman, McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1994.
- "How to Effectively Compete in a Tough Job Market - Getting in Gear for Career Success," Sonia Alleyne, Laura Egodigwe & Tamara Holmes, Black Enterprise Magazine, p. 73-85, February 2004
- The 8th Habit From Effectiveness to Greatness, Stephen R. Covey, Simon & Shuster, 2004.
- "Success That Lasts," Laura Nash and Howard Stevenson, Harvard Business Review (Reprint R0402H)
- "The Wisdom of Teams", Jon R. Katzenbach, Douglas K. Smith, Harper Business Book, 1994.
- "The Mind of a Strategist - the Art of Japanese Business". Kenichi Ohmae. McGraw-Hill, Inc.1982
- Why CEOs Fail - The 11 Behaviors That Can Derail Your Climb to the Top- and How to Manage Them, David L. Dotlich and Peter C. Cairo.
- "From Day One" author, William J. White
- "StrengthsFinder 2.0" author Tom Rath
- "The Power of Less" author Leo Babauta
- "The 80/20 Principle" author Richard Koch
- "How to Win Friends and Influence People" author Dale Carnegie
- "Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High" author Kerry Patterson et al
- "Made to Stick" authors Chip and Dan Heath
- "The Unwritten Laws of Business" author W.J. King
- "First, Break All The Rules" authors Marcus Buckingham & Curt Coffman
- "12: The Elements of Great Managing" authors Rodd Wagner & James Harter
- "Growing Great Employees" author Erika Andersen
- "The Essential Drucker" author Peter F. Drucker
- "When Genius Failed - The Rise and Fall of Long Term Capital Management" author Roger Lowenstein
- "Permission Marketings" author Seth Godin
- "Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind" authors Al Ries and
- "Citizen Marketers: When People are the Message" authors Ben McConnell & Jackie Huba
- "The Secrets of Economic Indicators: Hidden Clues to Future Economic Trends and Investment Opportunities" author Bernard Baumohl
- "Finance for Managers" Harvard Business School Press
- "Principles of Corporate Finance" authors Richard A Brealey et al
- "Fixed-Income Securities: Valuation, Risk Management and Portfolio Strategies" author Lionel Martinelli
- "Getting Started in Consulting" author Alan Weiss
- "Secrets of Consulting" author Gerald M. Weinberg
- "Art of Case Analysis: A Guide to the Diagnosis of Business Situations" author Robert Ronstadt