Interested In Taking Your Career To The Next Level?
The MLT Career Advancement Program is designed to keep high-potential mid-career professionals in the pipeline to senior level management primarily in the corporate and non-profit sectors. The program includes a hands-on leadership development seminar, frequent one-on-one coaching sessions, and personalized assessments tailored to provide participants with actionable steps to advance toward senior leadership. CAP is for applicants who are ready to transition to senior leadership from their company's fast track and who have at least two years of post graduate (MBA, MS, MPS, JD, PhD, etc.) work experience.
Why The Career Advancement Program?
CAP is a result of extensive industry research and is guided by real-world business insight. MLT conducted a study to identify critical performance and behavioral gaps for underrepresented minorities already in the senior leadership pipeline. The CAP experience addresses in a unique and effective manner the prominent gaps, which include:
- Reduced networks
- Difficulty in developing meaningful mentor relationships
- Lack of confidence
- Lack of advanced/differentiated technical skills
- Underdeveloped communication skills for senior level assignments
- Negative effects of similarity bias
Why Participate In CAP?
Continuous one-on-one coaching: CAP executive coaches can address minority and gender-specific fears, impediments and derailment factors in order to strengthen capabilities that matter most to employers.
Structured approach to problem solving: CAP applies techniques to support critical thinking skills. Case studies are examined from the view of senior leadership. Simulation role play, data interpretation, and real-time decision making provide hands-on leadership experiences throughout the program.
Maximized personal impact: CAP reinforces participants' ability to effectively read situations and understand that leadership style is a strategic choice, not a reflex or coincidence of temperament or personality.
Optimized communication: High-stakes communication is critical to ascending the leadership ranks. CAP addresses strengths and weaknesses that are vital for leadership consideration.
Polished leadership presence: How people perceive you can affect whatever you are trying to communicate. In fact, as much as eighty percent of your audience’s attention is drawn to how you present yourself and only twenty percent towards your message. It is for this reason that CAP includes a focus on image, presence and personal presentation.
The CAP Difference
CAP is a personalized approach to professional growth through a series of introspective experiences, executive coaching, workshops and assignments. The program provides a secure, risk-free environment to facilitate a behavioral transformation, rather than a series of lectures or panels . It addresses topics such as:
- C-level communication
- Navigating interpersonal challenges
- Lack of confidence
- Leveraging support systems
- Turning daily results into C-level value
- Inexperience with complex problem solving
- Maximizing collaboration and influence
- Fear of risk taking
By addressing these topics, Participants will benefit from:
- Improved skill level and associated level of confidence
- A concrete plan of action to improve networks and relationships
- Sustained improvement along targeted areas
- Continued network support from their CAP peers
Companies who sponsor Participants benefit from:
- Enhanced career performance of Participants
- Middle manager development and retention
- Increased retention rate of high-potential minority employees
- Elevated empowerment and productivity among workforce
- Enhanced culture of openness and inclusion
- Positive public relations and diversity branding benefit