MBA Professional Development Program
Getting in to business school is only the first step toward leveraging an MBA to accelerate your career. The MBA recruiting process is just as competitive as the admissions process and getting placed in the high performer category quickly once starting a new role can have significant long-term career implications. MLT’s MBA Professional Development program provides Rising Leaders with the winning playbook and critical relationships they need to get on and stay on the career fast track after graduation.
The MBA Professional Development program starts as soon as Rising Leaders are admitted to graduate school; provides significant pre-matriculation support, coaching, and engagement with top employers; and continues through the full-time recruiting process. The MBA Professional Development program takes a long-term approach to career acceleration and provides Rising Leaders with a personalized career roadmap, skills, one-on-one coaching from an MLT coach, and a high-leverage network that they can leverage throughout their careers.
Why Participate in MBA Professional Development?
MLT Rising Leaders are succeeding at the world's best companies, most innovative start-ups, and most impactful non-profits. The MBA Professional Development program puts Rising Leaders on a path to maximizing their long-term career success via:
- Personal Clarity: MLT helps Rising Leaders connect their passions, strengths, constraints, and prior experience to long-term career goals that will maximize each individual's happiness and impact.
- Career Roadmap: Each Rising Leader works with their MLT coach to develop a personalized roadmap that connects their long-term career goals to their near-term action plan. The career roadmap defines near-term career goals and clearly lays out "the bar" for achieving those goals and a plan for each Rising Leader to meet or exceed the bar.
- One-on-One Coaching: MLT Professional Development Coaches work one-on-one with Rising Leaders throughout the program. Coaches provide individualized interview preparation, career guidance, and feedback to Rising Leaders throughout business school. Coaches help Rising Leaders set goals and stay on track to achieving their desired career outcomes.
- Exposure and Access to Top Employers: MLT Rising Leaders get unique and early access to the best hiring organizations in sports and entertainment, non-profit, financial services, consulting, technology, health care, energy, consumer goods, retail, and more—all seeking to recruit MLT Rising Leaders for internships and full-time jobs. MLT has developed a unique pre-MBA internship experience with several partners who bring in MLT Rising Leaders for a summer internship the summer prior to matriculation to business school. The pre-MBA internship can provide Rising Leaders an additional opportunity to assess industry and company fit, form meaningful relationships, and build relevant experience that can benefit them in making an MBA career transition.
- In-Depth Workshops: Rising Leaders participate in a series of in-person workshops hosted by MLT partner companies at their headquarters and offices around the country. Rising Leaders work directly with partners on in-depth case studies, business simulations, analytical problem solving exercises, and other skill-building workshops.
- High Leverage Network: Rising Leaders build a unique network of peers, colleagues, mentors, and supporters from the 200+ other MBA Prep Rising Leaders, 4,000+ other MLT Rising Leaders, corporate partners, and other executives that they form relationships with throughout the program. MBA Professional Development includes opportunities to find and build mentors, jobs, start-up funding, business partners, and customers. Access to the MLT network continues well beyond the MBA Professional Development program and extends throughout Rising Leaders' careers.