Career Prep Program
A first job out of college can provide critical skills, relationships, and experiences that serve as a foundation for a successful long-term career. But translating academic success into a fast-track career in an area that matches one's passions and skills can be challenging an endeavor. Often the skills required to be successful in the professional world are fundamentally different from the skills required to be successful in the classroom. MLT's Career Prep Program helps Black, Hispanic, and Native American college juniors and seniors with strong academic performance translate those achievements into a successful career in an area that they're passionate about. Career Prep provides each Rising Leader with a personalized playbook to maximize their career success, one-on-one coaching from an MLT coach to get ready for the professional world, and an extensive network of peers, mentors, and over 4,000 MLT Rising Leaders that they can leverage throughout their careers.
Why Participate in Career Prep?
Career Prep has helped over 2,000 college students from over 100 schools across the country obtain and achieve success in the most competitive entry-level roles at top organizations, like MLT's Partners. Each Career Prep Rising Leader receives:
- Personal Clarity: To help align each Rising Leader's passions, strengths, and career goals to ensure well informed decisions that lead to long-term career success in an area that they're passionate.
- Understanding "The Bar": MLT works with each Rising Leader to ensure they clearly know what it takes to obtain a fast-track role in their chosen career area and what they need to do to be considered a high performer once starting the job.
- Personalized Roadmap: Each Rising Leader works with their MLT Coach to develop a personalized roadmap to meet or exceed "the bar" for high performance.
- One-on-One Coaching: Each Rising Leader has a dedicated relationship with an MLT Coach, who provides personalized advice and guides the Rising Leader through the Career Prep Program. MLT Coaches, all of whom have extensive industry experience, help Career Prep Rising Leaders build their career roadmap based on their passions, strengths, and industry interests. Through monthly discussions and assignments, coaches help their Rising Leaders to develop the skills and relationships they need to become outstanding for their target careers and prepare them to be successful in the recruiting process.
- Exposure and Access to Top Employers: MLT Rising Leaders get unique access to the best hiring organizations in sports and entertainment, non-profit, financial services, consulting, technology, health care, energy, consumer goods, retail, and more—all seeking to recruit Rising Leaders for internships and full-time jobs. Many of MLT's in-person workshops are hosted and attended by many MLT Partners.
- Skill-Building Workshops: Rising Leaders participate in a series of in-person workshops hosted by MLT partner companies at their headquarters and offices around the country. Rising Leaders work directly with partners on in-depth case studies, business simulations, analytical problem solving exercises, and other skill-building workshops.
- High Leverage Network: You'll build a unique and very high leverage network of peers, colleagues, mentors, and supporters from the 200+ other Career Prep Rising Leaders, 4,000+ MLT Rising Leaders, corporate partners, and other executives that you form relationships with throughout the program. Your experience will ensure that you leave Career Prep with a strong network of individuals in areas relevant to your career goals that you can leverage throughout your career.